After dalgona coffee became a trend on social media, I came to try out another variation. Instead of coffee, I used milo since I have kids who loves chocolate but there is a big difference. It could be that coffee has this foaming agent (maybe?) that it easily becomes frothy after whisking it for some time. Milo doesn't work like that. You have to add something to prevent it from becoming too runny. See how it's done.
- 2 Tbsp milo*
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 4 Tbsp all purpose cream / whipped cream
- 1 large egg (whites only) if there's no whipped cream.
- 2 Tbsp sugar (for meringue)
- lots of ice
- marshmallow for toppings (optional)
*Chocolate malt powder
- Combine milo, sugar and hot water in a bowl.
- Whisk until granules dissolve. This time you'll see the milo doesn't froth like coffee and so you'll need something to make it rise.
- Now, whisk some all purpose cream until it forms stiff peaks. Or simply some instant whipped cream.
- If you do not have all purpose cream, a cheaper way is to make a meringue by whisking an egg white. Beat while gradually adding some sugar. Continue beating until silky stiff peaks form.
- Gradually pour milo mixture over the whipped cream or meringue (whichever you were able to make).
- Fold it in until thoroughly combined.
- Pour your milk in a glass of ice.
- Add the chocolate foam on top.
- Garnish with chocolate granules and marshmallow toppings.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!