Milo Cake Pops
August 5, 2020
Milo is not just a chocolate energy drink. When you ran out of cocoa, try using Milo. It wouldn't taste exactly the same but trust me it tastes so good. I've tried using Milo for cupcakes. Then I decided to just make it into cake pops.
*Milo can be found at speciality international or Asian stores. If you cannot find it, Ovaltine is sometimes suggested as a substitute.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 60 gram sachet sachet of Milo*
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Food coloring of your choice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp condensed milk
- Sift all dry ingredients for cake. Mix them to incorporate.
- Add egg, oil, and milk then mix well until combined.
- Pour into cupcake pan or simply cake pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (350 F) for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Place white chocolate in a glass bowl. Melt over pot of boiling water over low heat. Add 1 tbsp butter and whisk until smooth and fully melted.
- Do the same with the semi sweet chocolate.
- If you wish to add color. Place a portion of white chocolate in a separate bowl and put a drop of food coloring. Mix to blend the coloring with the white chocolate
Make the Cake Pops
- Crush the cake with a fork or with your clean hands.
- Pour a tablespoon or two on the crushed cake.
- Mix very well.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture and form into a ball.
- Take a lollipop stick and dip it into the melted chocolate.
- Poke the cake ball with the straw.
- Dip it back into the chocolate to coat.
- Drizzle with a combination of colorful choco melts.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.