Mint Tin Homemade Lip Balm

contest winner icon
Here's a super simple all-natural recipe for a lip balm you can pour into one of your empty mint tins.

1. Mix all ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl.
  2. Microwave at 30 second increments, stirring with a spoon between, until completely melted together and a nice golden color.
  3. Pour into your clean mint tin and let set for a couple hours.

Aweome hint. Thanks for this recipe for the lip balm! I'm going to try this today!

Thank you! I hope you love it, too! :)

Thanks for the hint on the Vitamin E oil. I never thought of that before. I will add it to my own crisco shortening and honey recipe and then the vanilla extract too! Thank you so much! There really isn't a measurement for my recipe I just mix them together but now it will be even better.

I live (read: endure) in Phoenix , AZ and do a lot of walking outside. Today it was 92 degrees. I am concerned about this melting or sweating out of the tin.

I am trying to think of a smallish liquid proof sealed container - any ideas? I think I will tweak the recipe a little and keep it near my recliner as a cuticle treatment to apply while watching videos.