Mixing Peanut Butter

Category Food Fixes
If your nut butter is not homogenized and sits for a while, it can separate. This page is about mixing peanut butter.

My daughter received a jar of peanut butter that was not homogenized and had quite a bit of oil on top. After trying unsuccessfully to mix it in by hand (with the oil spilling out over the top of the jar), I thought about my mixer. I simply emptied the jar of solid matter and oil into my stand mixer bowl, put on the general use attachment, and in less time than it took us to clean up the original mess, the contents were smoothly blended and ready to put back into the jar. It couldn't have been any simpler!

By Ronsan

Does anyone have any really clever ways to stir the separated oil back into peanut butter?

By MT

Answers

I just use a knife and stir it. Has always worked for me. If it is in a bowl or something else than a jar, I would use a spoon.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJune 24, 2012
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mixing-Peanut-Butter-1.html