Mock Mosaic Valentine's Day Card
This Valentine's Day make a heart card for your Cupid to tell him just how much you love him. Use sugar paper to make mock mosaic tiles and turn an ordinary white heart into a unique embellishment. You can make this card in shades of pink, or if you prefer, adjust the color scheme to suit your mood. A delightful way of sending a message from the heart!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- A4 sheet of light gray marbled paper
- 5.4 x 3.9 inch dark pink marbled cardstock
- A5 sized white textured cardstock
- A5 sized dark pink sugar paper
- round white paper doily
- 10mm wide dark pink with light pink polka dots washi tape
- 6 small light pink paper roses
- natural 2mm wide jute ribbon
- heart-shaped cookie cutter with a height of 3.9
- standard scissors
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- With the shortest sides of the gray paper on the top and bottom, fold the A4 sheet of paper first from top to bottom and then from left to right.
- With the second fold at the left, centre and glue the pink marbled cardstock to the front of the card.
- Glue the paper doily over the bottom right part of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Add a strip of washi tape to the top and bottom of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Use the cookie cutter to trace a heart onto the white cardstock and cut it out. Use the same cutter to trace a heart onto the sugar paper. Use the pencil and ruler to draw "tiles" onto the sugar paper heart.
- Start with the first row of tiles. Cut them out and glue them one-by-one on the white heart, leaving a small space between the tiles. The small line of white cardstock between the tiles represents the grout you would see between mosaic tiles. Continue until the whole heart has been "tiled" and then cut off any pieces of sugar paper that might protrude over the edges.
- Glue the mosaic heart to the front of the card.
- Glue the six paper roses to the heart.
- Make a small bow with the jute ribbon and glue it below the roses.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!