Monterey Jack Turkey Burger
Monterey Jack turkey burgers are one of my favorites. I can't get enough of them. I make them for dinner, then eat one more patty as a late night snack, then a couple patties for breakfast, and finish them off for lunch the next day. It's an addiction!
If you do Weight Watchers, it's 7 Points Plus for 1 garnished burger.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Source: Weight Watchers
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 4 shallots, minced (or 1 onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 8 thick tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Mix turkey, ketchup, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until blended but not over mixed. Gently stir in Monterey Jack cheese. With damp hands, shape turkey mixture into 8 (1/2 inch thick) patties.
- Spray grill pan with nonstick spray and set on medium-high heat. An electric griddle or grill pan on the stove works great. The patties probably won't hold up on a BBQ.
Cook patties until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 4 minutes per side. After burgers have cooked 2 minutes, add bacon to pan and cook until crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve burger on bun topped with 1 bacon slice (torn in 2), 1 tomato slice, and 1 lettuce leaf.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!