Mother's Day Meal

If we are planning a meal at 2 p.m. on Mother's Day, what do we call it? a brunch, luncheon, dinner?

By Carol K

Call it whatever you want. From what I have always heard, brunch is in the late morning. It is a combination of breakfast and lunch. Where I live people don't worry about things like that. I would assume being it is for Mother's Day, it is for immediate family, so I wouldn't even send invitations, then you don't really have to call it anything. Just tell people what time you will be eating.

"late luncheon"?

Here in the South we call it Sunday Dinner.

Late dinner! Unless you are serving just sandwiches, chips, etc then it is a snack.

I think it depends on the menu. When we have family for a meal in the afternoon we serve a dinner menu, so we just call it an early dinner.

Here in Saskatchewan, we call the noon meal dinner or lunch, and the evening meal supper. So this two o'clock meal we would actually call a "late dinner" since it isn't at 12, and it is a main meal.

Lunch is the noon meal we have at work, when we pack our own or when we go out for a soup and sandwich. ha ha. Call it what ever you like!

While in England, I was invited to a 2:00 "luncheon" with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and The Royal Family. So I would say it is a luncheon.

I'd call it lupper.

I think it depends on the type meal that is being served. If it is a sit down dinner, then it is "dinner". If it is less formal it is a late luncheon. Usually with family things aren't that formal.

Holidays and Parties Mothers Day PartiesApril 2, 2013
😷
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒