My First Amaryllis

Amaryllis

The first Amaryllis I have ever grown. I thought it was beautiful!

By LINDA from Arkansas City, KS

Answers:

My First Amaryllis

The lower petal looks like it has a smiley face on it! I did a double take before I realized it was part of the plant! (03/07/2007)

By glowgirl

My First Amaryllis

I was just about to post the same comment as glowgirl, the "smiley face". I saw that too, first thing! How cool! The amaryllis is beautiful! (03/07/2007)

By Shirley

My First Amaryllis

That is a beautiful plant, and you have a very green thumb. I never have any luck with amaryllis. Makes me want to try my thumb at them again. (03/07/2007)

By Jean in GA

My First Amaryllis

It is awesome! I, too, grew my first amaryllis this year and was amazed at how beautiful it was. I'm sure it won't be my last, tho! (03/07/2007)

By tedsmom

My First Amaryllis

Smile comment from me too! Great flower! Reminds me of my Grandpa. Every year he had great amaryllis plants. One year the newspaper even did an article about it with him in the picture with the plant. He is gone now but the memory stays. I think it was at our Oneida store in our outlet mall, I bought a vase and the top is the amaryllis flower. All glass, bought for a memory. I've never had luck growing these, maybe I'm just too impatient with the yearly work, but I loved seeing your picture! (03/08/2007)

By mikki

My First Amaryllis

That is gorgeous! Congratulations, good job. You may have inspired me. (03/08/2007)

By alex10vicky

My First Amaryllis

A little humility, ladies. G-d (DNA) grew the flower, you guys just gave it room and board.

What a remarkable flower. A real beauty.

O. (03/08/2007)

By the Oracle

My First Amaryllis

Beautiful. We were given an amaryllis for Christmas several years ago. We have kept it alive by letting it flower and be green until early fall. We let it die down, then put the bulb, out of its container, in a dry and dark place. In a few weeks, we bring it out, replant it and it flowers again. Gorgeous dark red flowers, for probably 5 years now. (03/13/2007)

By Marfette