Amaryllis Photos

Category House Plants
This page contains amaryllis photos. These beautiful blooms can brighten up the indoors on a late fall day.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

My grandson gave me a gift of an Amaryllis bulb Christmas 2009. It has bloomed this year for the first time. It is so pretty, well worth the wait don't you think?

By Vi Johnson

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 22

Just look at this pink beauty in late November. Another day in paradise! (Southern California.)

By cheryl lipka

Pretty pink amaryllis bloom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Our oldest daughter and her husband live in North Florida. They are both avid gardeners. Most mornings, she sends me a photo. Last Sunday morning, this was my "Good Morning Amaryllis." I'd given her the lily bulbs when we moved from Orlando to Boca Raton in South Florida.

Deep pink-red amaryllis bulbs in a window.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

This amaryllis was a Christmas gift from several years ago. It continues to add beauty to our home each winter.

I love giving and receiving Amaryllis bulbs as gifts because they last long past the holiday season.

A flowering red amaryllis.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Amaryllis

The first Amaryllis I have ever grown. I thought it was beautiful!

By LINDA from Arkansas City, KS

Answers:

My First Amaryllis

The lower petal looks like it has a smiley face on it! I did a double take before I realized it was part of the plant! (03/07/2007)

By Becky Owens

My First Amaryllis

I was just about to post the same comment as glowgirl, the "smiley face". I saw that too, first thing! How cool! The amaryllis is beautiful! (03/07/2007)

By Shirley

My First Amaryllis

That is a beautiful plant, and you have a very green thumb. I never have any luck with amaryllis. Makes me want to try my thumb at them again. (03/07/2007)

By Jean in GA

My First Amaryllis

It is awesome! I, too, grew my first amaryllis this year and was amazed at how beautiful it was. I'm sure it won't be my last, tho! (03/07/2007)

By Pat Giles

My First Amaryllis

Smile comment from me too! Great flower! Reminds me of my Grandpa. Every year he had great amaryllis plants. One year the newspaper even did an article about it with him in the picture with the plant. He is gone now but the memory stays. I think it was at our Oneida store in our outlet mall, I bought a vase and the top is the amaryllis flower. All glass, bought for a memory. I've never had luck growing these, maybe I'm just too impatient with the yearly work, but I loved seeing your picture! (03/08/2007)

By Kim

My First Amaryllis

That is gorgeous! Congratulations, good job. You may have inspired me. (03/08/2007)

By Vicky Ball

My First Amaryllis

A little humility, ladies. G-d (DNA) grew the flower, you guys just gave it room and board.

What a remarkable flower. A real beauty.

O. (03/08/2007)

By Carrie

My First Amaryllis

Beautiful. We were given an amaryllis for Christmas several years ago. We have kept it alive by letting it flower and be green until early fall. We let it die down, then put the bulb, out of its container, in a dry and dark place. In a few weeks, we bring it out, replant it and it flowers again. Gorgeous dark red flowers, for probably 5 years now. (03/13/2007)

By Marcie

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Hello, Just had to send this picture of my amaryllis blooming. It has 4 flowers on and all are almost open now, so beautiful! The blooms are 8 inches big, and the plant is 30 inches tall in total. It is about 4 years old and now making a baby plant too. They are amazing plants! Thanks for letting me share this with you.

Photo by Betty Reese

Answers:

Cream Amaryllis

Those are good pics. It's a beautiful flower. (04/30/2005)

By Vicki

Cream Amaryllis

Please let us know how you care for your amaryllis. I haven't been able to get mine to rebloom. It has made several babies though. (05/01/2005)

By Edie

Cream Amaryllis

I, too, would like to know how to keep an amaryllis. We haven't had much luck with them.
Thanks (05/01/2005)

By Azpcy

Cream Amaryllis

Beautiful! My parents have several different colored amaryllis. But I've never seen a cream colored one before. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing! (05/01/2005)

By badwater

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsApril 18, 2017
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Amaryllis-Photos.html