My Poor Norfolk Pine

I have, or shall I say had, a very beautiful norfolk pine. It's still alive, but only the top branches. My cat has been playing with the branches non stop and ruining it, especially when we are sleeping. Any suggestions?

Crim

Answers:

My Poor Norfolk Pine

Cut the pine back, and it will probably reward you by sending out a new trunk off the side. It won't send out any new stems where the cat nibbled on it. If the cat may have urinated in it, it needs new soil, too. Feed it with a multi-use food, and keep it in a room where the cat can't get to it. (06/03/2004)

By Linda.

My Poor Norfolk Pine

Norfolk pines can not tolerate being touched by walls people or animals, they are sensitive to touch. Make sure it is left alone! (11/09/2004)

By Racing against thimerosol

My Poor Norfolk Pine

I have a norfolk pine that is about 15 years old, very tall, all the needles on the branches have fallen off, but the needles on the ends of the branches seem ok. I have it under a grow bulb.
(12/04/2007)

By Cheryl