DecorationsHome Decor

Nail Polish Dipped Jar

This is a little craft I decided to do when I saw these tiny little jars at the Dollar Store. They are dipped in nail polish floating in a container of water. Make sure the water is as tall as the glass jar is or the design will not go on the whole jar. I decided to do mine halfway up the jar. I liked the results.

Total Time: Fifteen Minutes

Yield: 1 painted jar

1. Gather your supplies.
  2. Fill container with water as tall as the jar is, and add nail polish.
  3. Use cotton swabs or toothpicks to move around the polish on the water.
  4. Dip the jar into the water, all the way to the point where you want the paint to stop. Don't swirl the jar, just dip it in the water and hold for a couple of seconds.
  5. If you want to improve on the design, move around the paint a bit on the jar or paint more on the jar, etc.
  6. Set jar aside to dry on a piece of paper. It should dry very quickly, depending on how much polish was in the water.
  7. Now you are ready to put a plant or whatever decorations you want to put in the little jar. Here is Nemo looking at the finished Jar. He is very approving of the color. I have put mint in some water in my jar to sit in the kitchen to entertain dear Nemo, our sweet Betta fish.
  8. Ad