Natural Air Freshener

If like me you are a bit dubious about what is contained in manufactured air fresheners and whether or not it is good for you to be breathing that stuff into your lungs, then you might be wanting to have more natural scents around your home.

It is actually very easy to make your own room fresheners with a few cheap ingredients.

1. Pour some bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) into the glass jar to about one third full.
  2. Add essential oils drop by drop. I used an equal mix of lime, hyacinth absolute, and ylang ylang, but you can choose any combination you like. You will need about twenty to thirty drops in total.
  3. Use a wooden implement such as a bamboo skewer to mix the oils in as thoroughly as possible.
  4. Cover with a pretty piece of cloth and secure with the rubber band.
  5. Add some decorative ribbon or lace to cover the band.
  6. Your freshener is ready to use. I put mine in the front porch and enjoy the lovely scent everytime I arrive home and open the front door