Naïve House Unisex Birthday Card
Here is an easy birthday card that can be gifted to either a male or a female recipient.
Total Time: 10 minutes, drying time excluded
Yield: one birthday card
- old music sheet
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light yellow marbled cardstock
- food coloring: orange, yellow, and brown
- black Giotto décor textile pen
- Pilot gold marker extra fine point pen
- broken white acrylic paint
- glue stick
- standard scissors
- 3 small plastic bowls
- Add the three food colorings to the plastic bowls, each one to its own bowl. Dilute the food colorings with water ~ the amount of water used will have an effect on the depth of color you will see when painting. Wet the music sheet and while the sheet is still wet, apply the food colorings to the music sheet, allowing the colors to interflow. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Cut the colored music sheet to a size of 5.4" x 3.7". Use the Giotto pen to draw a naïve house on this piece cut from the music sheet.
- Use the same pen to add a tree and a picket fence. Also add a little footpath leading to the front door.
- Use the broken white acrylic paint to add some highlights to the tree, the fence, and the house. Optional: Use a black pen with a thinner point to add birds to the sky and grass around the picket fence.
- Finish off the artwork by adding some gold detail.
- Score the light yellow marbled cardstock to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1". With the fold at the top, centre and glue the house design to the front of the card. Tip: Add glue to all areas of the paper to glue it down completely, and to help stretch the paper again.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!