Low SaltDieting

Needing High Protein Low Sodium Recipes

My husband has to have high protein low sodium due to a serious medical condition. We are getting tired of chicken, smoothies and egg dishes. He is also diabetic, so low sugar also. He can not do artificial sweetners and does not like the taste of the salt substitutes.

We have found that the "low sodium" bacon, soups and such are really not that much lower than the regular ones.

Everything needs to be cooked from scratch per the doctor.

Cheese and peanut butters are high protein, but also high in sodium, so unless we make the peanut or nut butters and cheese, those can't be in the recipe.

I have about 15 good recipes. We need more, we are in a rut. Help.

I am wondering if you can use stevia instead of sugar. It is natural. You would use half the amount the recipe calls for.

I don't know if this would be good for your husband, but I make a ground turkey meat loaf with Italian seasoning (no salt). I add garlic and onion too. You can top it with no-salt tomato sauce and bake it. For variety, I put half of the meat in the pan, put some mozzarella cheese on top, and then put the other half of the meat on top of that. When you slice the meatloaf, you get the stripe of mozzarella cheese.

We use a lot of ground turkey. I also make meatballs with it using oats. Sometimes I substitute 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes for 1.5 pounds of meat.

You can also do a stir-fry with turkey, veal, chicken cutlets or a lean cut of meat. Use onions, garlic, mushrooms and peppers. This is a healthy and satisfying meal.

There are a lot of high protein, low sodium recipes out there. For example, you can make banana nut oatmeal for breakfast. Try making your own granola. You can have this for breakfast with milk or just eat it plain.

You can also try a sunrise smoothie parfait for breakfast. Potatoes and hash browns is another good idea to make. Furthermore, a healthy salad made with chicken or turkey, apples and nuts is excellent for him.

Have you ever tried to make corn chowder and use turkey sausage. I love turkey sausage and this is an excellent meat substitute.

Your best bet is to make a list of food that he can eat. Use this list and search for high protein, low sodium recipes on the internet. You will be surprised at what they have to offer.

Here are some ideas from Yummly (my favourite recipe place)

https://www.yum … otein-low-sodium

Wow, that really limits the diet, doesn't it? But I'm sure the effort will be worth it. I don't know of any recipes, but there are tons on the internet. Just Google "low sodium, high protein recipes" and hopefully you'll get more ideas. Best of luck!

I found a good site for recipes that will suit your needs.There is lemon basil chicken,herbed turkey scallopine with Lemon Dijon Kale

and many more.Go to www.yummly.com/#recipe.They ask you questions so you can get what you need.

No fun at all! Here is a site with some suggestions for snacks which I really like also.

https://greatis … -snacks-portable

I also like to use my slow cooker and need low sodium recipes also. Here is a great site for a large variety of foods and the best thing is it gives a list of all - sodium, protein, etc so you can adjust the recipe according to your diet.

http://www.eatt … rock-pot-recipes