Never Lose a Sock Again

I think it's safe to bet that we've all lost a sock or two before in our lifetime. We come home from a hard day, rip off those socks, and toss them in the hamper, where they get mixed with all the other dirty clothes. And somewhere between the wash cycle and the dryer, socks magically disappear! Well, I have found the easiest way to keep up with my socks. In fact, I haven't lost a single one in over three years! Here's my easy method:

First, purchase one if those cloth grocery store bags. Hang it on the door knob, behind your bedroom or bathroom door. When you take off your soiled socks, put them in the bag. When the bag is full or when you are running low on socks, empty the bag into the washer. Wash and dry your socks in a separate, small load. This way you won't have to dig through other clothes to find your socks. And you won't have to pin your pairs together because the entire load will be socks!

Source: I saw something similar on Pinterest, but I tweaked it to better fit my needs.

That is a great idea. However, socks disappear because they end up outside the drum and are in the space between the drum and the metal that makes the washer. You probably haven't lost a sock because your loads are smaller and that is the best part of the tip.