New Era Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews

Does anyone have any experience with New Era medicare supplement?

By marshabux from Plano, TX

I have had this insurance as a supplemental to medicare for a year or two. It pays just like the others that cost a lot more. My insurance agent says rates are based on how much business the co. does in your state and other factors, but all the supplemental insurances pay the same. This is the third company he has gotten for me when a company raise the rates significantly. I advise going to an independant insurance agent. He charges you nothing to find the best rates for you.

I have New Era. I've had other medicare supplement polices in the past. After the first year they have all increased their premiums including New Era. But New Era did not go up as much as the others.

Last time mine went up only $9.00. I can live with that. I'll wait and see how much it goes up next time but every year I call my agent to see if I can get a lower rate with another company.

New Era is a decent company. However, there are lots of great companies that offer medicare supplement insurance in Texas. If you work with an independent agent they will be able to show you several plans from several different insurance carriers for you to compare. You should consider plans from the top "A" rated carriers with a good reputation.

When I retired from the Army I started selling Medicare supplement insurance. My first customer was my mother. She bought a New Era Plan F and loves it to this day. I have sold several of their plans in Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina with no complaints. New Era works hard to keep their prices down for their customers. Some agents will not quote them though when they send out Medigap quotes because they pay less than other insurance companies. I would suggest that you do get quotes from an independent agent and compare prices.

Also you might consider an AARP / UnitedHealthcare plan if it is close in price. AARP plans are often rated based off of the age you are when you purchase and don't automatically go up just because you get older. AARP plans do adjust though because of changes in Medicare. So you will likely see them go up, but hopefully not as much over time. I would not get the AARP plan if it is very expensive compared to the others. I have sold a lot of Continental Life Medicare Supplements in Texas. They are well liked by their customers as well and often a good deal. Happy shopping

I have had new Era for a long time and I am looking for another policy. They are not an A+ company, which is important. An agent can look at their rate increases and pass that on to you. If you have plan F, you should not have a deductible.

I did last year - a little over $1000.00. My premium is over 200.00 now. They have gone up every year. Also You can get info. from national Assoc. of Professional Geriatric care -www.cmas.org They are trained in all areas of senior citizens care.

Two plans that I am looking at are: Atena and Blue Cross.
Pat W.

Anonymous

Yes I do. For me and my health problems, it has been a very good plan. I do not have prescription coverage through them as I have a seperate plan for that.