General AdviceConsumer Advice

New NIPSCO Digital Utility Meters

I live in Northwest Indiana and NIPSCO (my utility company) just installed these new digital meters. I just found out that I had the authority to opt out of them if I wanted to. But now the thing is mounted on the back of my house like a big slap in the face from NIPSCO. I'm wondering if it's too late to request my old meter back, or do I sit back and accept it?

By tiffanysmith3095

You would have to call them to see. But the new digital meters do help keep the prices down. They can read them remotely, so they don't have to send someone to read them each month, thus saving money.

I would definitely contact them and say you never had the option to opt out and would like to do so.