No-Blow Picnic Tablecloth

When I was a kid, we picnicked a LOT in the summer. My mom got tired of the table cloth blowing up and tipping everything, so she began packing a twin-sized fitted sheet in the basket. It fit the public tables perfectly, and no more blowing tablecloths. In fact, she won a similar tip contest with this back in the late 50's, but I have not seen it mentioned since then.

Hi - my family loved picnics also and this was a "trick" we used also.

We still occasionally try but it is difficult to find a nice and "safe" park area around our city that still has this type of table. Usually we carry a bucket and cleaner (water is usually available) to clean table and benches before being "usable".

Also, we have found that only the old style fitted sheets will fit these tables as the newer ones are made for "thicker" mattresses.

This is a good tip and I hope you win.

Fitted sheets for picnic table cloths is a great idea and you can catch them on sale. You could also fold the corners and sew them into pockets. Take some rocks or weights with you to put in the pockets to hold the sheet down if it is windy.

This is a really great tip and thank you for posting. I will be looking for fitted sheets at the thrift stores from now on! :)

Travel and Recreation Recreation PicnicsJuly 21, 2014
👒
🌻
🐰
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/No-Blow-Picnic-Tablecloth.html