Non Pleated Child's Mask
This easy to make mask is a great option for children. It is easy to put on and fits their face snuggly without gapping.
Yield: 2 masks
- Download, print, and cut out the template in the size you need. This version has a main piece and a liner piece.
- Fold your fabric, wrong sides together, then pin the liner pattern piece to the fabric. Cut out the lining.
- Repeat for the main pattern piece. Cut out the pieces. You should now have 2 pieces for the main layer and 2 pieces for the liner layer.
- For the main layer, pin the fabric pieces right sides together. Then sew along the curved edge using a 1/4" seam. Remove pins and tie off thread. Repeat for the liner layer.
- Clip along the curve every 1/2", making sure to not cut through the seam.
- Press the seam to one side and top stitch. Do this for both the main and liner layers. I finger pressed all of the seams or you can use an iron.
- Place the liner layer onto the main layer, right sides together. Pin along top edge and sew with 1/4" seam. Then pin and sew the bottom edge with a 1/4" seam. Tie off thread ends.
- Clip top curved edge. Turn mask right side out and press seams flat. Top stitch along both the top and bottom edge.
- Fold the end of the main layer over 1/4" and press. Then fold the edge over 1/4" again. Pin in place and sew with 1/8" seam. Backstitch to strengthen the ends of the seams. This creates the little pockets for the elastic. Repeat on the other side.
- Insert elastic and tie. Try on the mask and make sure the elastic holds it tightly to your child's face, adjusting if necessary. Then gently pull it so that the knots go inside of the mask pockets.
- Have fun!!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.