"Number 1 Fan" Valentine Project for Kids
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
January 26, 2018
Here is a kid-friendly project for Valentine's Day! Turn a paper plate into a cute hand held fan. Adorned with the words "Your nr 1 fan," this fan is sure to steal someone's heart! The project is suitable for both boys and girls.
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: one hand-held fan
- standard white economy paper plate
- suitable page from an old calendar - in this case, a page with red roses was used
- sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- red plastic clothes pin
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Faber-Castell Ecco Pigment 0.7mm black pen
- 0.4 in high heart shaped paper punch
- standard scissors
- Turn the plate over and cut off the outer edge of the plate.
- Depending on the child's age, an adult may need to give assistance with this step. Lightly fold the plate in half and cut one side of the plate so that, once opened, the plate will resemble a hand-held fan.
- Glue the top of the paper plate down on the white printer paper and cut off the protruding piece of paper.
- Write the words "Your nr 1 fan" on the fan, and then write over the words with the black pen. Allow to dry for a few seconds before erasing any remaining pencil marks.
- Punch hearts from the calendar page and glue the hearts around the edge of the fan. Also glue a few hearts around the words.
- Add glue to the clothes pin and clip it on to the fan to add a handle.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.