VegetableSalads

Olive Garlic Salad

Vote for this contest contender!

If you love olives and garlic, this is a quick and easy recipe. It can be served as a side dish to any meal, or just eaten for lunch. I am hooked on this one because it's clean, by that I mean, no preservatives and no heavy dressing. If you want just plain healthy stuff, this is it.

My mom use to make this when I was a kid, which she'd made all of her salads interesting so we never got tired of salad as a side dish, but this one, I tweaked it a bit with the green olives and freshly sliced garlic. She used purple onion instead of the garlic and olives, the rest was the same.

Be sure to use romaine lettuce. I've tried it with Iceberg lettuce, but other lettuce just doesn't work at all.

Prep Time: Prep time is about 10 min

Total Time: Time to complete is less than 15 min.

1. Wash Romaine lettuce and pat dry with paper towels. Tear into bite size pieces and put in a bowl or on 2 salad plates, as this is a recipe for 2 people.
  2. Slice olives and fresh garlic cloves.
  3. Mix vinegar, water and olive oil for dressing. Pour dressing over salad(s) then sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the dressing.
  4. Ad

5. Top with grated Romano or Parmesean cheese. Enjoy.