Orange Spiked Panna Cotta
A creative orange spiked panna cotta can be made with milk and gelatin instead of eggs and heavy cream. Try this pudding like dessert topped with whipped cream.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
One night, my husband wanted a pudding-like creamy dessert but we didn't have anything on hand. We didn't have eggs or heavy cream either so I came up with this version of panna cotta. I spiked it with a hint or orange to make it more luxurious. It's pretty good for a dessert made of basic ingredients!
Total Time: 10 minutes, 6 hours to chill
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 oranges
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream for topping
- Pour gelatin over 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl and stir. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel a few thick strips of rind from the orange using a vegetable peeler. You only need the rind. Save the oranges for another use.
- Cook remaining milk, butter, sugar, and orange rind strips in a saucepan over medium heat for 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir it occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and add gelatin mixture, stirring until mixture is dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla and then remove the orange strips.
- Pour into glasses, cover and chill for 6 hours. Top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
September 13, 20150 found this helpful
Gotta try this!
September 14, 20150 found this helpful
This sounds delicious and creative. Thumbs up! :)