Orange Spiked Panna Cotta
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 10, 2015
One night, my husband wanted a pudding-like creamy dessert but we didn't have anything on hand. We didn't have eggs or heavy cream either so I came up with this version of panna cotta. I spiked it with a hint or orange to make it more luxurious. It's pretty good for a dessert made of basic ingredients!
Total Time: 10 minutes, 6 hours to chill
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 oranges
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream for topping
- Pour gelatin over 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl and stir. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel a few thick strips of rind from the orange using a vegetable peeler. You only need the rind. Save the oranges for another use.
- Cook remaining milk, butter, sugar, and orange rind strips in a saucepan over medium heat for 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir it occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and add gelatin mixture, stirring until mixture is dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla and then remove the orange strips.
- Pour into glasses, cover and chill for 6 hours. Top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.