Orchid Leaves Turning Brown

Category House Plants
When the leaves on your orchid begin to turn brown, you need to determine the cause so that you can correct it. This is a guide about orchid leaves turning brown.

Is my orchid lost? I recently brought it to my house from my mom's. It now has more light and the right amount of water, but the leaves are all turning brown except the green one on top that came in the last 3 months. That leaf is still firm and standing up nice. What can I do or is a lost cause?

Answers

Best Answer

Your remaining leaf looks very healthy so you may not lose your plant.
Orchids do not like a lot of different changes at one time and the right amount of light and water are crucial to their growth. It looks like you used "soil" for orchids but if not - that is a must.

The next thing is the pot HAS to have excellent drainage holes or your plant will usually die as they do not like any "standing" water.
Light and air flow have to be according to their needs and this site can give you a lot of information: I believe all Orchids are beautiful! Don't give up yet!

https://myfirst  -turning-yellow/

You could have a fungus or bacterial infection. Remove the infected parts and repot in well-drained soil.

It was repotted 2 and a half weeks ago.

Since you have repotted it already, make sure you are using the right kind of soil. Try keeping it in a spot where you don't have to move it. The leaves look healthy. I would give it another try.