Organizing Belts

Category Clothing
Organizing your clothing makes it easier to find just what you are looking for when dressing. The same goes for accessories such as belts. This is a guide about organizing belts.

You will need an ordinary clothes hanger plus some shower curtain rings. Lots of space-saving room to hang your scarves and belts.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 8

I received a nice wrought iron coat hanger for mounting on the wall and had it for years, but never seemed to find just the right place to hang it. I finally got the bright idea of hanging it in my walk-in closet, to put my belts on, and it works great. No more searching for that favorite belt when I'm in a hurry. Now I'm going to put another one in my other closet for my scarves, etc.

By CDC from FL

To organize your belts, hang them on an old skirt or pants hanger. The hanger takes up very little room in a closet, and you can see all your belts right there in front of you. No more searching everywhere for the one you want to wear.

By laramay from Portland, OR

Answers:

Storing Belts and Necklaces

I hang some of my necklaces on an expandable hat rack. I also use a thing I bought at a yard sale. It looks like a miniature shoe bag with clear pockets. I keep smaller necklaces and the matching earrings in this, and also have this hanging on my bedroom wall, behind the door. This "necklace bag" was homemade, and is a very handy item. I do not know if you can buy one in stores. (07/16/2010)

By louel53

How should I hang my necklaces and store my belts? They can be out in the open.

By Meggy from Houston, TX

Answers:

Storing Belts and Necklaces

I have always hung belts by looping the buckle over the hook end of a clothes hanger and then hanging it in the closet. For necklaces a person can use their imagination and figure out some kind of arrangement. One that I came up with on the spur of the moments is to find decorative push pins and stick them in the wall and hang your necklaces on them. I am sure there are all kinds of other ideas if a person thinks about it for awhile. (07/02/2010)

By redhatterb

Storing Belts and Necklaces

Take a wire hanger and untwist the top part that hooks it onto the hanging rack. Slide your necklaces,bracelets, belts etc. on it. Once you've put what you need on it twist the top part closed and hang it up in your closet. This keeps necklaces from knotting up. I use this to keep jewelry color coded or certain sets together. (07/03/2010)

By abrupt_silence