Organizing Clothing in Dresser Drawers

Category Clothing
Arranging your clothes smartly helps to make them easy to find and saves you time. This page is about organizing clothing in dresser drawers.

My drawers were always overflowing with clothing until I undertook to reorganize them via the KonMari method. There I learned how useful it really is to fold clothes in that singular way, and not much more effort!

The way I do it now is

1. T-shirts: just as described, folded and stored vertically so that you can always see which shirt is where

2. Undies and undershirts: what worked best for me (especially for the undershirts) was to roll them up tightly by folding the piece of clothing small, and wrapping it tightly, as if I were rolling up measuring tape.

3. Socks: I fold them as usual, but store them vertically also which I find optimizes space

Whether you choose to follow her methodology to the letter, or alter it to fit your experience, I guarantee that rethinking clothing storage will revolutionize your approach to your wardrobe.

Source: I started inspired by the KonMari Method, but developed my own techniques

Link: KonMari folding method

When you stack any type of clothing in drawers, alternate the direction. For example, when folding tee shirts, place one in normal position but top it with another folded tee shirt that is turned around. In other words, that top of the tee shirt should be at the bottom. Now place the next tee shirt in the normal position. Alternate this and it will take up less space in the drawer.

Another idea, using the above method, instead of stacking clothing is to place them upright. For example, tee shirts. I fold them small enough so they fit in the drawers upright. They are easier to see plus they take up less space. I don't fold socks in "twos" but stack them together, using the above method. I grab two when I need them. This only works well when you using the same style and type of sock.

By it's.only.me from NE PA

I lay my sweatpants flat, fold them in half, then take the bottom of the legs and roll up to the waist.

Organizing ClothingOctober 12, 2012
🌻
😷
😎
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Clothing-in-Dresser-Drawers.html