Organize Clothes by Vertical Folding

My drawers were always overflowing with clothing until I undertook to reorganize them via the KonMari method. There I learned how useful it really is to fold clothes in that singular way, and not much more effort!

The way I do it now is

1. T-shirts: just as described, folded and stored vertically so that you can always see which shirt is where

2. Undies and undershirts: what worked best for me (especially for the undershirts) was to roll them up tightly by folding the piece of clothing small, and wrapping it tightly, as if I were rolling up measuring tape.

3. Socks: I fold them as usual, but store them vertically also which I find optimizes space

Whether you choose to follow her methodology to the letter, or alter it to fit your experience, I guarantee that rethinking clothing storage will revolutionize your approach to your wardrobe.

Source: I started inspired by the KonMari Method, but developed my own techniques

Link: KonMari folding method

Anonymous

Are your clothes have a lot of winkles when u wear them

well, the things that DO wrinkle i do hang, but mostly i find they have less wrinkles wiht this method! IE the ones that get rolled v folded lose that crease that they get

This is a great idea. Being a person with only about 30 outfits, I hang my clothes. I always seem to have other things to put in dressers like yarn and fabric!!

Thanks!

have you heard of the minimalist/capsule wardrobe movement? It's actually prety brilliant having so few clothes - as long as you love them and they look great!

I think one day i will pare down when i know i can get the clothes i want ot replace them

This can be developed further using old cereal boxes:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153951921740876...

Organizing ClothingOctober 17, 2016
🎉
🎄