Organizing Your Car

I am a teacher and am always transporting stuff back and forth to school and my car can get cluttered very easily. My pet peeve is to hear things sliding around in the back of my SUV.

So I took a laundry basket to organize all the (necessary) junk in my car. Umbrellas, book bags, sun visors, etc. and I put Velcro strips on the bottom of the basket. It is the kind that has a sticky back and not the sew on type. The Velcro grabs the carpet in the back and won't let it slide around. Love it!

By Paula Scott from GA

6 More Solutions

I was tired of not having a good place to store toys/books in the van, so I took an empty cat litter box, covered the words with contact paper, and attached a divided bucket to the lid with duct tape.

Organizing Console for Van

This was a project stemmed out of necessity but turned into something very handy. I have a van with front seats that sit high on their bases. Both seats are enclosed on the back.

Under Seat Storage for Your Van

I have a full size van and on occasion when hauling groceries if I don't tie the bags closed the contents end up rolling up into the van on a quick stop or falling out when I open the door after driving up a hill.

Van Organizer

Keep linen tote bags in your car. They can fold up nicely and can be stashed in a console or under a seat. Instead of having arm loads of things to carry in and making several trips to the car to clear it out.

I need car organizing tips.

By paty

Answers

What do you have in your car that needs to be organized. The only things that have ever stayed in my car are the required papers, in the glove compartment. In the trunk there was the spare tire and necessary equipment, and a small box with a roll of paper towels, a plier, a screw driver, a couple bottles of extra oil, a funnel, a few rags, etc. There was still room for luggage and/or groceries and/or other shopping bags.

Then I had a blanket folded up on the back seat. Anything that didn't belong in the car got taken out whenever we got out of the car. We also never had anything to eat or drink in the car unless we were eating take out from a fast food drive up, then we stopped someplace and ate the stuff, thus removing most of the chance of spills.

I wanted to know how others organized their car. I have my survival gear in the back in a small rolling suitcase, also I have another small suitcase for survival food and flashlight, a small stove goes in there also. Another small bag goes under my seat with toothbrush and paste with some herbs and hand wipes. This bag comes in handy many times. My problem is that middle glove box. For some reason it gets messy, I like organized! It is an awkward place. So that is my dilemma.

Answer this Question

How do you go about organizing your car?

By Elaine Ball from Alamo, TN

Answers

What do you need to organize?

Are you talking about the trunk of your car? I use a milk crate that I found on the side of the road too. Mine is organized. I keep extra oil, booster cable, small tools. I have a small tire air compressor I keep there also.

Answer this Question
Organizing AutoFebruary 7, 2013
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Your-Car.html