Orzo Pasta Salad
Vote for this contest contender!
This dish was actually made back during Easter time when the kids dyed Easter eggs and afterwards, we had egg orzo pasta salad. This is a nice light refreshing orzo pasta salad with vegetables and eggs, and very easy to make.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 15-25 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- dash salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 package orzo pasta
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cucumbers
- 2-3 sun dried tomatoes
- 6-8 hard boiled eggs
- Follow your orzo's cooking instructions. Boil eggs in a different pot. *Note: Orzo amount depends on how much of a portion you want your salad to be. I used an entire package (1 lb) for full size pasta salad portion. If you want this as a side dish 3 1/2 cups, would be enough for 2 oz per serving.
- Prep your vegetables. Chop cucumbers. Boil peas and corn for 2-3 minutes.
- Prep pasta salad dressing - combine and mix olive oil, lemon juice and dash of salt and pepper.
- Once orzo is finished cooking, combine and toss vegetables and sun dried tomatoes.
- Top off pasta salad with sliced boiled eggs.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!