Painting Cardboard Cigar Boxes

What kind of paint is the best to use on cardboard? And do you have to use Kilz on it to cover up what is printed on it like you do a wall that is painted and you are changing color? Do you have to seal it and if you do seal it what do you use? I want to paint some cigar boxes for to use to put things in.

Anonymous

Yes you must seal it first and the item you need to do that is call Gesso...here is a link that tells which type to purchase...hope this helps. http://www.art-  m/what-is-gesso/

Yes you need a sealant it is called GESSO, I have used it for years on many many things, here is a link that will give you the type to use...hope this helps http://www.art-  m/what-is-gesso/

I am glad that you sent me this message because it will help me a lot. The first one I made did not work out good.

This will help me use other this that have printing on them. Thank you for taking the time to write me back because this has made things better for me.