Painting Trim Around Brown Windows

Category Painting
Man Painting Around
Brown Windows
If you have windows with brown trim, you will need to take that into consideration when deciding how to paint the exterior of your home. This is a guide about painting trim around brown windows.

The previous owner put in all brand new windows right before we bought our house, which is great, but she chose brown trimmed windows, with brown grids and they sit in a brown window trim.

I would rather them be white and am thinking about painting the trim around the windows white, but would it look dumb with the windows and the grids still being brown? Should I just leave it alone? I don't know what to do!

By Jenn

Best Answer

You could paint everything concerning the windows white, but what color is the house itself? I prefer contrast trim on houses.

Best Answer

Be very careful painting! What kind of finish/material are the frames and grids? Paint could make a real mess if it doesn't adhere properly. I would leave it alone and figure out how to make them fit in with the total look of the exterior of your new home.

Best Answer

Perhaps you could try cream or mocha as a trim, it really depends on what shade of brown you've got as well.