- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 thin slice onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 16 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute carrot, celery and onion until soft. Add garlic and saute briefly. Stir in tomatoes, broth, pepper, and parsley- simmer for 20 minutes.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ditalini pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Add beans to the sauce mixture and simmer for a few minutes. When pasta is done, stir into sauce and bean mixture.
By Ellen from Ware,MA