Pendant from Drink Can
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
October 11, 2021
Upcycle a drink can into this beautiful pendant. The geometric shapes of this pendant will match a laconic look. You can make earrings in the same way.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: pendant about 1.3" long, 1" wide
- drink can
- aluminum wire
- iron ruler
- scissors or knife
- pliers and wire cutters
- Gorilla Epoxy glue
- Cut off the side of the drink can. Use an awl and ruler to mark two rectangular pieces of aluminum tin: 0.6" wide and 1.2" long; 1" wide and 2" long. Cut off two rectangular pieces.
- Scrape the paint off.
- Fold the two corners in the center of each rectangular piece as shown in the photo.
- Flip the pieces over to the other side and fold the corners in the center. You will end up with two folded squares of different sizes.
- Connect the two squares so that the small square slightly overlaps the large square (see photo). Twist the wire into a loop with the ends spread apart so that the ends can be hidden inside the large folded square.
- Spread the ends slightly at the back of the large square and insert the wire inside. Glue the ends of the folded square.
- Spread the ends slightly at the back of the small square and insert the top of the wire inside. The small square will slightly overlap the large square. Glue the ends of the folded square.
- Turn the loop 90 degrees gently. The pendant is ready.
Instead of trashing a drink can, make a pendant out of it. This is fairly easy and quickly to make. You can use beads in different colors. This pendant can be a nice gift.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.