Pepperoni Pasta Salad

I am looking for a recipe for pasta salad with pepperoni, peppers, tomatoes, olives, etc.

By Jan M

I don't have a "recipe" for Pepperoni Pasta Salad, but I can tell you how we made it when I worked in a deli. The amount for each ingredient depends on what you have on hand and how many people you want to serve.

While your pasta is cooking, start dicing up your other ingredients. After the pasta is drained and cooled, add all of your other ingredients and stir in Italian dressing. You may add Salad Supreme salad seasoning, if you wish.

In the deli, we added tomatoes, peppers, olives and whatever ends we had left of various kinds of cheese and pepperoni/cooked salami/hard salami. We did not add onions to anything we made, but you could put them in, too. I've also had it with diced cucumbers.

This is a salad where you can make it different every time, based on what is in your refrigerator.

I also learned a trick for cooking pasta. Bring your water to a boil. Add your pasta and bring the water back to a boil. Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let it set without removing the cover for 10 minutes. Drain. This works with any size pot of pasta.

Cook a box of tri-colored pasta, cut your pepperoni, cheese, peppers, onions, olives, etc. and add to cooled pasta. Add a bottle of Italian salad dressing and stir. Refrigerate until ready to use. I never add salt to the pasta water as the salad dressing is very salty.