Italian Sausage and Pea Pasta Salad
Enjoy a simple pasta salad for a quick meal. This page contains Italian sausage and pea pasta salad
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love making this dish because it is extremely simple. You can add other vegetables too like corn, carrots, etc. This recipe features just orecchiette, peas and sausage. You can make this into two different ways; tossed in olive oil or tossed with sun dried tomato pesto.
This dish is perfect as a snack, side dish, light lunch or dinner. What's great about this recipe is that you can eyeball everything and it'll turn out fine.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes for pasta
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: Depends how much pasta
- Italian sausage
- olive oil
- sun-dried tomato pesto with basil sauce
- Using your choice of pasta (I used orecchiette), follow the instructions to boil your water in a pot.
- I opened the Italian sausage casing and cooked the sausage in a pan until browned. You can add any additional seasonings if you would like.
- Right before finish cooking the meat, you can throw in your green peas.
- You can scoop pasta into a bowl. Add your sausage and pea mixture, and then toss with olive oil.
- Or you can toss with your choice of sauce or spaghetti sauce. I used sundried tomato pesto with basil.