Personalized Needlepoint Bookmarks

Don't throw away those small pieces of leftover canvas. Instead, make personalized needlepoint bookmarks. I am making some for my grandkids.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

1. Cut needlepoint canvas to desired size for a bookmark.
  2. Choose a design or to make it personalized with a name, I found this easy alphabet pattern online.
  3. Thread the needle (do not knot), insert the needle under the plastic canvas and bring it through the first square of your design. This is called the "continental stitch" which is a diagonal stitch going from one upper corner square diagonally to a lower square. This is the easiest of needlepoint stitches. Stitch the name or design using this stitch. Fill in the background with desired color using same stitch once the pattern or name is completed. (As you can see, I have used different colors because I am also using up scrap needlepoint yarn.)
  4. Advertisement

5. Finish the edge of the bookmark by inserting needle in and out of each square. Glue a piece of felt to back to hide stitching and to give it a nice, completed look.

Thanks for the clear instructions. These bookmarks are great to make as a little gift for someone, or even for yourself.

Crafts Needlework Plastic Canvas CraftsJuly 15, 2020
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Personalized-Needlepoint-Bookmarks.html

Plastic Canvas CraftsNeedlework