Pet Odors Coming Through Shared Walls

Category Odors
Living in a townhouse or apartment means you share walls with your neighbors. Unfortunately, that can also mean that pet odors may migrate from one residence to another. This is a guide about pet odors coming through shared walls.

I live in a townhouse and the next door neighbor has a dog that is not housebroken. The urine and feces smell is coming through the walls and it is overwhelming and I am getting physically ill from it. My question is how do I get rid of these smells without causing any upset to the relationship between neighbors?

Answers

Best Answer

Nok-Out will eliminate odors. I suggest you contact the landlord and let him apply it. Your health comes first. I would be more concerned about breathing that in than if my neighbors or landlord liked me.

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for your input to my problem. I have found a remedy . It is called 'Natural Magic' odor absorbing gel sold at Lowes. Believe me this stuff works. I also plan to purchase one for my neighbor telling them it will help in absorbing any odor they are experiencing. I want to keep the peace.

I can't think of anything you can do. Lysol and candles and such will just mask it. I would say its time to contact the landlord

There is no way you can do it without putting a kink in the relationship with the neighbors. I'm sorry.
Assuming you are renting, the landlord really deserves to know about the damage being done to his property. He or she will decide what needs to be done.
It is possible the landlord doesn't even know the tenants have a dog, and he or she needs to know because of liability (if the dog bites someone, the insurance goes up, etc.) So landlords basically just need to know about all tenants and animals on their property.