Pickled Carrot Recipes
Buying pickles for the holiday season can get expensive. Raw carrots are cheap to buy and healthy. I found an easy and quick receipe that will let you pickle carrots without using the canning process.
The carrots will stay good in your fridge for six weeks. They are delicious! If you were to buy a jar of pickled carrots in the grocery store, you would have to pay anywhere from $5-10 a jar! Cutting up the carrots are well worth the fruits of your labor.
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: about 8 to 10 jars
- 2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into sticks or slices
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 3 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup dill seeds
- 1/4 cup salt
- clean mason jars
- new clean lids
- Add carrots and dill sprigs to jar.
- Bring water, vinegar, sugar, garlic, dill seeds, and salt to boil. Simmer 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour brine over carrots in jar. If you have too much liquid, poor off the excess but keep the dill seeds and garlic and pour them into the jar with the carrots.
- Let cool to room temperature before screwing on the lid.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours before devouring.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.