ThanksgivingCrafts

Pinecone Turkey

One thing I love to do with my parents is pick up pinecones off our streets. My dad loves to analyze all the shapes and sizes, and mum likes to help come up with things they can be repurposed as. Here, we've turned them into little turkeys. I wish I had real leaves to work with for the tail. If you can find some, try it out this craft with them and share your photos! I bought a big bag of cloth leaves from the dollar shop for mine.

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. Cut out a circle of brown paper about the size of a half dollar coin.
  2. To make the beak, cut out a triangle from the orange paper. Add glue to the top back of it and glue to the bottom half of the head.
  3. To make the turkey's snood (dangly neck bit), cut out a squiggle of red paper. Glue it between the chin and the beak.
  4. Glue on the googly eyes.
  5. To make the turkey's tail, use your hot glue gun to attach the leaves onto the back of the pine cone. Fan them out.
  6. Fold a piece of paper several times (any colour) and use regular glue to attach it onto the back of the turkey's head. This will keep it from showing any hot glue from the front side.
  7. Add a big blob of hot glue to the piece of paper you just added.
  8. Attach the head onto the front of the pine cone, hold in place for 30 seconds.