Pipe Cleaner Craft for Kids

I found a stash of sparkly multi-colored pipecleaners, which the kids had tired of using for crafts. I made a pretty hanging sun catcher with them, and liked them so much that I made another one for my room. I did them in Christmas colors of red, green silver and gold. I am ready for Christmas season to begin!

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. Put together three strands of silver pipe cleaners. Leave a little of the ends sticking out to secure the circles later in the project. Make a circle by closing the three silver pipe cleaners.
  2. Make a circle out of a red pipe cleaner around the silver strand that is a circle. Make a green circle and then a gold circle on the red circle. Connect to one another by making each circle hang from the last.
  3. There should be three circles on each junction on the silver circle. The colors should be in order, red, green, gold. (optional).
  4. Flatten the silver circle out, by pulling the ends together. Try to get the circles to be in a line, when the circle is pulled into a line.
  5. Turn this line into a circle. Secure the ends of the new circle with a pipe cleaner. Stretch a pipe cleaner across the new circle.
  6. Advertisement

7. Attach a silver pipe cleaner to the middle of the line intersecting the circle holding all the other circles.
  8. Hang the sun catcher somewhere where you can enjoy it throughout the day.

Crafts Crafts For KidsJuly 31, 2016
🎃