Pipe Cleaner Craft for Kids
I found a stash of sparkly multi-colored pipecleaners, which the kids had tired of using for crafts. I made a pretty hanging sun catcher with them, and liked them so much that I made another one for my room. I did them in Christmas colors of red, green silver and gold. I am ready for Christmas season to begin!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1-2 packs of multi-colored pipecleaners, that sparkle.
- Put together three strands of silver pipe cleaners. Leave a little of the ends sticking out to secure the circles later in the project. Make a circle by closing the three silver pipe cleaners.
- Make a circle out of a red pipe cleaner around the silver strand that is a circle. Make a green circle and then a gold circle on the red circle. Connect to one another by making each circle hang from the last.
- There should be three circles on each junction on the silver circle. The colors should be in order, red, green, gold. (optional).
- Flatten the silver circle out, by pulling the ends together. Try to get the circles to be in a line, when the circle is pulled into a line.
- Turn this line into a circle. Secure the ends of the new circle with a pipe cleaner. Stretch a pipe cleaner across the new circle.
- Attach a silver pipe cleaner to the middle of the line intersecting the circle holding all the other circles.
- Hang the sun catcher somewhere where you can enjoy it throughout the day.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!