Planning a Cruise

Category Travel
Planning your cruise is very important to its ultimate enjoyment. This is a guide about planning a cruise.

My husband and I have been thinking about taking a cruise vacation. Is there anyone who has taken a cruise and can give us any hints as to what to look for as far as the ship itself, where it's registered, what we should ask about, scams, best time of the year to go, websites, etc.?

He's 63 and we were thinking about going to the Caribbean.

Thanks in advance!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

Answers

Best Answer

If you are using an Agent, I would go somewhere reputable like AAA or BJs Travel. I would never just walk into an individual business. You can also shop around on the internet and book directly with the cruise line.

Book as far out as you can, prices go up when you get closer to the date, just like hotels and airlines. I would suggest a shorter cruise for your first one like 4-5 days. You may not like it and 7 days will be very long if you don't.

I'm helping plan a class cruise. It is planned that we will be going in early June and it is at night. We were thinking semi-formal. What should we do on the cruise though?

Emily from Seattle, WA

Answers

I'd recommend you consult with a travel agent -- usually their services are free (their fee is paid by the cruise line)

ALL people do on cruises is gain weight! The food is so good!

Cruises always have pools and often parties for teens. Cruises are a blast. There is free movie theaters on board some times. Theres tons to do. At ports of calls, you can buy excursion packages and do several things from 4x4ing, beach hang out, horse rides, dolphin sighting, etc. Dont spend all your ports of calls by shopping though. Why go on vacation to just shop? LOL