Planting Mimosa Seedlings

A friend dug up a couple of seedlings for me and I'm wondering when would be the best time to plant them? Should I wait till the fall or will it be okay to plant them now?

By Luciana S.

In my experience I always place the seedlings in a pot to "test" their longlivity. Once they start growing and are strong enough I plant them in a bucket that I previously drilled holes to allow better drainage. I will keep the tree/s in this over the winter months and transplant after the last frost. I would like to add that I do keep my seedlings in my basement by a south/west window. This allows for a cooler environment yet it is controlled by heat/air. I water less since I need it to slow down in growth. Nothing like attempting to remove a full blow flowering tree from a underground exstablishment..