Plastic Fabric Cell Phone Cooler
October 7, 2020
I made a cell phone cooler for keeping my cell phone cool in hot weather.
- plastic fabric (similar to plastic tablecloth fabric)
- an ice pack
- sewing machine
- Fold a piece of fabric in half. Place an ice pack on the fabric and cut the fabric large enough to be able to fit around the pack, allowing room for seams and leaving plenty of room to be able to remove ice pack. Cut at the fold, making two pieces. Then, cut a piece from a single piece of the fabric half the length of the two cut pieces of fabric to make a pocket.
- Place the pocket piece, right sides together, at the bottom of one of the pieces the other fabric. Place the second piece of the other fabric on top and pin all the way around three sides, leaving the top open. Sew. Turn right side out. Now you should have a pocket and an opening for the ice pack.
- To insulate the cooler so it doesn't get too cold for the cell phone and to protect it from moisture, make a felt "pouch." Cut two pieces of felt a little larger than the ice pack. Sew around three sides and turn. Place ice pack into "pouch."
- To finish the cell phone cooler, turn the top open edge down about 1/2" and sew around the opening. Hand sew two snaps.
- It is now ready to use! Put the cell phone in the pocket and the ice pack in the pouch on the inside of the cooler. This can be easily cleaned because the fabric is plastic and it is easy to remove the ice pack to put in the freezer until the next use.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.