Plastic Food Containers to the Rescue!

My cupboards were a hot mess. It's never that I have too much food, but never enough space. I have shelves that fall down (I have one held up with food containers), or they are too high up.

So today, I dug out the recycled food containers I had been collecting and went to town.

Total Time: 2.5 Hours

1. The first thing I did was take all the food out of the cupboards. When that was done, I picked one package or box of stuff and one container.
  2. Doing this made it easier to keep track. I didn't have a ton of things sitting all over the place. The food was on the counter and the containers were on my table.
  3. When things were converted, I had enough containers from thrift stores or from other foods to repackage about 75% of the foods. Those that I didn't, I left in their boxes for now.
  4. I then put the baking goods and the canned fruit and veggies in the other cupboard, separated by a shelf.
  5. In the last cupboard, I made two containers for the packaged goods I get. Ranch dressing, apple cider, gravy mixes, etc. The last one is for larger items like instant spuds, Gnocchi, drink mixes, etc.
  6. For the final conversion, I made a "medicine drawer" of things I need daily. Medicine, honey, spices, etc. NOTE: All the plastic is food grade and is never microwaved. N-JOY!!

I recently read that you were moving or had moved.I have to hand it to you, it seems no matter where you live, you have a knack for quickly making a place a home.

My best to you!

That is so sweet to say! I do and will post new photos soon.