This pillow has a pocket that can be used for a book, journal, or even a midnight snack.
Total Time: 1 hour
- contrasting fabric
- stuffing or pillow form
- sewing machine
- Cut out the main fabric (double thickness) an inch and a half larger than the pillow form or the desired size. Cut out contrasting fabric (double thickness on fold) half the size; that will form a pocket. Iron the fold.
- Lay pocket with folded edge in middle of main fabric right sides together with bottom edges and sides lined up with the main fabric bottom edges and sides.
- Like a sandwich, pin the top, pocket (middle), and back right sides together.
- Sew all three pieces with a 5/8 inch seam leaving an opening at the top (sew the two sides and bottom if using a pillow form or sew all the way around leaving a 3 or 4 inch opening at the top if using stuffing). Turn right side out and insert pillow form or stuffing.
- Pin the opening shut and hand stitch.
- This one is done! I made another using different colored fabrics.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.