Making a Jeans Pocket Scissors Pouch

Category Containers
A folded and stitched jeans pocket is perfect for storing and carrying a small pair of scissors in your purse or craft bag. This is a guide about making a jeans pocket scissors pouch.

I like to carry a small pair of scissors in my purse and didn't want to poke a hole in bottom of my canvas purse. So I came up a solution and made a small pouch from a pocket out of an old pair of blue jeans. I used a size 16 needle in my sewing machine and made it in a matter of a few minutes. If you don't have a sewing machine, sew it by hand.

By Marjorie from Lewiston, NY

Top Comment

For my sewing scissors and hair cutting scissors I use old eye glass cases with the felt inside, protects that really well.

Top Comment

This is a great idea. I think it would be cute if you just blanket stitched around it too.

Love the idea of putting embroidery on it too.

What a great idea. It is a great way to use the pockets of old jeans that cannot be worn anymore. I have some jeans like that, will have to make some of these. Thanks for sharing.

A really super idea! Thanks. I am going to make some for presents. And who can't use a new pair of scissors with something that is home made and embroidered with their name or initials. Thanks again.