Poppy Seed Muffin Recipes
Many delicious muffins can be made with the addition of poppy seeds. This page contains poppy seed muffin recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I bought poppy seeds and am trying all kinds of recipes with them. These muffins are delicious and different.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. pure cane sugar (I used Splenda)
- 2 medium lemons
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine-grain sea salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled (I used coconut oil)
- ¾ cup plain yogurt (plain Greek yogurt works, too)
- 1-2 large eggs (I used one)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top (I did not do this)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease your muffin pan using butter or non-stick cooking spray (silicone baking cups eliminate the need for this step).
- Combine the sugar and lemon zest in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, yogurt, egg, vanilla and the juice of one lemon.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a large spoon to mix the two together. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffins cups.
- Sprinkle the muffins with turbinado sugar, if using.
- Bake for 16 to 19 minutes, until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I think the yogurt in this recipe makes these muffins extra moist and good!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In small bowl, stir together flour, poppy seeds, salt, and baking soda.
- In large bowl, cream together sugar and margarine.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; beat in yogurt and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture until thoroughly moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes before removing.
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 18-20 Minutes
By Robin from Washington, IA
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, dried orange peel, and salt in a bowl. Add milk, oil, egg, and orange juice; stir just until mixed. Gently fold in blueberries.Read More...