Making a Popsicle Stick Toy Harmonica
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
February 24, 2017
Just 2 sticks and a bit of plastic makes this fun toy. It's not the most tuneful of musical instruments. In fact it only plays one squeaky little note, but for youngish children it's a lot of fun.
- 3 wooden lolly/Popsicle sticks
- 2 small hair elastics or loom bands
- small piece of cellophane
- Optional sticky backed decorations
- Snip a little off the end of one of the sticks.
- It will probably splinter into smaller pieces, but that's OK.
- Take a small piece of cellophane packaging and cut it to fit the length of a stick.
- Lay it on top of one of the sticks.
- Place a piece of the splintered wood on top of the cellophane at each end.
- Lay the last wooden stick on top.
- Secure each end with an elastic band.
- Decorate with sticky back jewels if you like.
- Put it to your mouth and blow through the gap between the sticks. The cellophane will vibrate and make a noise
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.