Making a Clothespin and Popsicle Stick Plane
Use clip style clothes pins and Popsicle sticks to create a cute little wooden toy plane. This is a page about making a clothespin and Popsicle stick plane
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super inexpensive and fun upcycling craft for people of all ages. My favourite part is eating enough Popsicles in order to make a bunch of planes! ;) Enjoy!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 plane
- 1 clothespin
- 3 Popsicle sticks
- nail file or sandpaper
- Cut the tip off one of the Popsicle sticks in order to make the t-shaped tail of the plane. File down the larger cut segment on one end so its rounded off equally. File down the smaller cut segment so it has no jagged ends.
- If you want your plane two-toned like mine, paint the clothespin body and the newly cut tail one colour. Let dry.
- Paint the two remaining Popsicle sticks another colour. Let dry. These will be the plane's wings.
- Glue one wing under the clothespin, and one wing on top, as pictured. Press down firmly. Glue the tail on near the bottom of the clothespin. Let dry.
Here is a way to make a miniature airplane using a clothes pin and Popsicle sticks.
Total Time: 10 min. each
- 1 clothes pin
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- aluminum foil
- glue gun (fastest) or any glue
- Get the clothes pin and Popsicle sticks and paint them thoroughly.
- When dry, glue front wing as indicated.
- Next cut back wing and fin, paint, and glue.
- Use a little aluminum foil to make propeller and glue with hot glue gun. Cut toothpicks in half to make legs for wheels. Make wheels with aluminum. Paint black and glue as well.
- You can also use the hot glue gun to make the effect of string wires. Paint, customize, and enjoy! :)