Portion Control Tips for Diabetics

Category Meal Planning
When what you eat has a big effect on your health, it is important to reduce the portion size of many foods. This page contains portion control tips for diabetics.

After sometimes eating an entire package of Instant Spuds, I had to learn when to control portions to keep healthy. When this came home to me, I set out to learn how to do it either in my head, or with everyday things around the house.

Since I love applesauce, I get the flavored kind (no more because of the sugar) in the smaller tubs. It turns out this is half a cup. When I make my spuds now, I pour them into these containers when they are not quite set, then let them set up in the tubs. They don't have lids anymore, but Pringles can lids might work well to keep them fresh, as will foil. I can even freeze them for another meal.

The same can be done with veggies, yogurt, rice, and other things we need to keep in our diets, but don't want to overdo.

This has really helped me and I hope it helps you, too.

Source: Trying to eat better and making it easy to do.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

As many of us know diets do not work in the long run. Weight is often regained. One easy way to reduce extra calories and lose weight or not gain it back is to pay attention to your portion sizes. They are typically too large. This page contains suggestions for controlling portion sizes.

Big plate and small plate of spaghetti.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Advice Meal PlanningFebruary 24, 2013
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Portion-Control-Tips-for-Diabetics.html