Pot of Gold Fridge Decor
I thoroughly enjoy decorating for every holiday, but I hardly have money for expensive items. And this year, my employer is having me decorate the break room as well! I'm able to write off some things, but I decided it was more fun to make something for the fridge door. I wanted to incorporate every associate into the St. Patrick's Day theme. Making pots of gold was the easiest choice and turned out absolutely adorable. I might have to make more for home!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 pots & 27 coins
- 4 sheets of cardstock (2 yellow, 1 black, 1 purple)
- 1 black permanent marker (optional)
- 5-7 craft magnet strips
- laminator with sheets
- hot glue gun (optional)
- 1 milk or juice lid
- Draw a 7-8 inch pot or cauldron onto the purple paper. Cut it out and trace two onto the black paper. Cut the black pots out and laminate all of them.
- Use a milk or juice lid to trace onto the yellow paper for the coins. Trace as many as you want. I also added an extra curved line on the side of each coin to make them appear more 2-D.
- Laminate the coins and cut them back out.
- Cut the magnet strips into smaller pieces and attach to the back of all coins and pots. I used hot glue to add the magnets so they'd stay on longer.
- You can place each pot on the fridge with coins above and around. The coins can be left blank, or you can write names on them. I used the permanent marker to add an associate's name to each one!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.